From The Cleft of Dimensions Wiki
Revision as of 10:41, 3 August 2017 by DuskGonzales
Cleft of Dimensions Timeline
The First Age: The Creation of the Cleft
- The Cleft is created and violent temporal rifts ravage the void. Land masses fill in the space slowly, drawn together by their own inherent energies before finally reunited under the Machina Principia's influence. Most of the first living beings transported to the Cleft die out of lack of sufficient resources to live off in the inhospitable environment, though there are a handful of survivors. Without Mana, all magic and its qualities are lost from the world. The atmosphere fluctuates violently during this time, chaotic and destructive with its many storms and howling winds. Sources of oxygens rise and lower with the unstable atmosphere. A shadow descends from above and rain comes in after it.
- Zanarkand, the First City. Assumed to have been the first city to fall into the Cleft, situated at the "top of the world". The city and its people are believed to have ultimately failed to survive the birth of the Cleft.
- The heavy rains come to an end, leaving behind a mess on the lands. Massive mountains have been shaped and eroded into what they are today and the oceans have finally settled. The water cycle begins and continues from here on, providing freshwater systems and expansive seas. Yet, the chaotic weather continues to churn the seas and air still.
- The Mana Holyland arrives in Shadmire and melds with the planet. The great tree sends its roots sprawling throughout the lands, uniting them all with its strength and bringing balance to the Cleft's natural energies. Beams of light pierce the skies, quelling the weather and taming it into normalcy as they shoot out from the Mana Holyland. From the Chaos, Versalia is born; at once, the atmosphere settles and the oceans find peace. The sun emerges from its shadows and the moon comes as its companion. The Mana Tree bathes the world in mana, once more allowing magic to be used and for life to flourish. Lands, charred by fire and storms and eroded by rain turn fertile and growth begins. The land of Shadmire is doused with magic and from the fungal growth that has soldiered creation until now, the Matangui arise.
- The city of Lea Monde is established.
- Iktoa is established.
- Orbonne Monastery is established as a sanctuary by a clan of Jumi led by Diana.
- The Beast Kingdom is established.
- With the development of agriculture and a stable environment, populations begin to grow and small towns develop. Matangui are the first to circumnavigate the world, plotting the known lands with maps and bringing plantlife back to Shadmire to flourish. An agreement is made amongst the many Matangui tribes and many set out to explore the other landmasses - acting as agents of both mana and nature.
- The Macabre Tombstone appears in the Myrkur Mountains, beginning the cycle of rebirth. It shepherds the dead souls through the underworld and back to the Mana Tree, so they may be reborn.
2nd Age: Age of Discovery
- The city of Pandora is established.
- The city of Viorar is established.
- Sylvere gives 4 mirrors that can see fate to Diana, Zebu, Luka, and Sceiron.
- Angkor Wat is built.
- Brigantes is known to have existed at this time, but is probably older.
- Etansel Library is built in Viorar. It is the largest library in the world, documenting the history of the Cleft and more.
- Lea Monde is destroyed.
- Reploids finish constructing Final Weapon, a safe haven for their race
- A rogue group of Reploids by the name of Maverick emerges, striking various human targets. Leader is Sigma
3rd Age: Age of Destruction
- The great drought of Iktoa begins, caused by appearance of Mana Stone of Earth
- Jumi Leader Diana is assassinated and the Mirror of Diana shatters, with its remnants stolen. The current Clarius retains authority.
- Sorceress Vulpecula lays siege to the Kingdom of Rolante.
- Two unnamed prophets appear in Mandala, giving six orbs that see the future to the shaman there.
- Sorceress Vulpecula establishes domination of the entire northlands beyond Loftarasa
- Etansel Library mysteriously burns down.
- The Coronar War.
- Goa invades southern Fa'Diel.
- Battle of Pandora
- Goa invades Pandora. Pandora falls to Goa after a long winter.
- 221 - Goa invades more cities and slowly gains ground.
- By the Clarius' command, Orbonne's doors are shut, despite pleas from countrymen for sanctuary.
- 223 - Battle of the Luon Coast
- Goa attempts Viorar invasion.
- Beast Kingdom enters Coronar War against Goa.
- Viorar forces push Goa back after several weeks.
- 224 - Goa takes over Palace of Water in Lake Lasacul.
- Battle on High Water
- 226 - The Clarius of Orbonne passes away and the non-Jumi take over, exiling Jumi loyal to the former leader and opening their doors to help.
- 227 - The new Clarius of the Jumi dies very early as a result of Goa's attacks on them. The exiled Jumi go into hiding.
- 228 - Battle of Lorien
- Alliance of Beastmen and Lelanolians attack Goa-controlled Pandora.
- Goan forces lose war and surrender all land back to Fa'Diel. Pandora falls to ruins
- All inhabitants of Iktoa migrate out of the nation, due to the withering drought, except the Gerudo and Giganto
- Construction of Temple of Prophecy completed
- Iktoa becomes a complete desert, known now as the Haunted Wastelands
- Army of Vandole invades the Mana Holyland in the Valley of Wonders, which Ageatii sends to the Upper Realm. Benamas turns the empty void that remained into a Sea of Wonders.
- Army of Gerudo, led by Gannondorf, leave the wastelands in search of power to revive Iktoa
- Sorceress Vulpecula invades Brigantes.
- The city of Caspia is established.
- Guardia Castle is constructed.
- Establishment of Cosmic Guardians.
- The city of Shrike falls into the Cleft of Dimensions.
- Rocket Town is established.
- Sigma, Leader of Maverick, is destroyed near Rocket Town
- The Reploid Jedo finds the remains of the Maverick virus and is infected, declares himself the new leader of Maverick
4th Age: Age of Survival
- New wormhole appears above the city of Truce, linking Cleft with other timelines in other dimensions
- Etansel Library finishes reconstruction
- Goa begins reclaiming old territory, sending soldiers in search of treasure to reimburse the debt
- Vandole begins mission in search of the Mana Sword, deploys finest warriors
- Goa gains control of the Fire Palace in the Hydra Mountains
- Goan ship mysteriously disappears in the Sea of Wonders while in search of the Moon Palace
- Mana Stone of Light is sent to King Manmon on the Lumnon Isle for protection
- Rumors spread of the reappearance of the Jumi
- Completion of Gold Tower - the stronghold for the Mana Stone of Light
- The Lumnon Isle becomes completely saturated with gold drained from the Mana Stone, becoming the Gold Isle
- Gold City is established (in its modern form).
- Chobin army invades and destroys the Shrine of the Cosmic Guardians- few survive, including the leader Cyx
- Maverick Hunters form, under the leadership of Signas
- The Maverick Virus is contained. Maverick Hunters disband
Jango makes play for control of Middle Realm
- The Island of Shrike begins to sink.
- Booskaboo, the great turtle, is discovered and freed from beneath it.
- Imbibobot arrives in Truce, offering the wisdom of alcoholism to adventurers. A group of eccentric followers help him to discover his forgotten identity and role: To maintain the seams holding the cleft together.
- Imbibobot is left behind deep beneath the ground to work this thankless task while his followers attempted to locate more Inventors to help. Dr. Wily is approached by them but refuses any aid, instead revealing a remote control and threatening to detonate a bomb that he left inside Imbibobot while repairing him. After growing weary with anger, Dr. Wily discards the remote control and kicks the group out of his lab, which is kept safe in Kolem's hands.
- Kyuubey shows up in Truce, granting people's wishes in exchange for their souls. Those people were turned into Wishborn.
- Witches and Yoma show up around Truce, which adventurers have trouble defeating without the help of the Wishborn.
- Parasitic yoma invade Wutai, killing off a portion of its population before being dealt with by the Wishborn.
- Oboyo Jinsaka receives a warning of a ghostly invasion from the Seer Leknaat, thus forming the Stars of Destiny.
- Chronicles of Mana - The Sinistrals wake up due to Gforte activating 8 black crystal shards in the Lorien Highlands. They proceed to reactivate the Mana Fortress and destroy Crysta.
- Monstro Town was almost destroyed by the Sinistrals, but they were thwarted by GForte and Ambience. Citizens are evacuated by members of the Wishborn.
- Gforte and Jillian go to the Mana Holyland and retrieve the Sword of Mana. Ambience and Sunflash join Gforte on a mana dragon to raid the Mana Fortress.
- After defeating the Sinistrals, the mana dragon goes berserk. Ambience faces it without Gforte and Sunflash's aid.
- The Stars of Destiny successfully vanquish the Fog Ship before its invasion can begin.
- Magnus and his Order of Light fall into the cleft, observing the world from their island and gathering resources.