The Cleft of Dimensions is constantly being updated, poked, prodded, and tweaked. To keep everyone informed of the various changes, the Immortals semi-regularly post Change Notes in-game. This page will copy those notes as well.
- Non-elemental Wizards now conjure acoustic elementals instead of eclipse elementals.
- Lockers now available for use in Truce and Viorar banks, and for purchase in player housing.
- Faron Woods is now linked north of Zigolis Swamp!
- New spells: Doom Reverb, Sonic Boom, Vitriol, Firebreath, Gastro Acid, Influenza, Skylight, Grease( Influenza and Grease are castable but have no effect yet).
- New affect flag AFF_INFLUENZA replaces AFF_SLEEP -- will cause regen-damaging debuffs but doesn't do that yet.
- Races list is prettier when remorting.
- Fixed a few typoes in spell echos.
- Enchant Weapon no longer strips affects from weapons.
- Final Weapon now has no weather at all (always 0/0 sky/wind).
- 'Report Defense' now shows saves.
- No more buggy double output on prompt option %O
- new mob act2 flag ACT_SHOPKEEPITEMS -- shopkeeper won't discard bought items from inventory over time.
- new area exflag noweather -- entire area is disconnected from weather grid, always has 0/0 weather, weather command fails.
- mobs can have Saves set per template - the ACT_MAGE flag still drops an extra -5 on top of this though.
- new mobprog command 'mob hit' -- mob executes an additional melee attack.
- replaced many many instances of 'mob goto self/mob kill $n' with 'mob hit $n'.
- Perma-haste on no longer raises mobs' Dexterity stat.
- Perma-Protect Good/Evil no longer improves a mob's saves by -1 each.
- Midas Glow creates coins of caster level (the better to use for Fulgor Burst.)
- Nochk artifice items can no longer raise the artifice skill.
- - You can send/receive tells while asleep.
- Immortals don't always automatically have 100% in every skill anymore.
- new item extra flag 'decaying' -- item loses 1 condition per minute, then disintegrates (replaces defunct 'hadtimer' flag).
- Wizards now receive the Detect Magic spell at level 10.
- Conjure Elemental now makes followers, not pets:
- you can have more than one elemental.
- you can have a pet AND an elemental.
- 'if vuln' check always returned false -- now works correctly:
- Phendrana's boss now works right.
- Katarina's Granbull is now nastier to fight (as intended).
- 'wandify' command added (uses staffify skill).
- 'mob petify' now respects group size and charmie limits.
- the Slow affect no longer penalizes HP and MP regen (but still penalizes MV regen).
- Hylian Fencing helpfile amended -- it works when OPPONENT parries (code was correct).
Area Changes 3-16-2013
- Mt. Nibelheim has been revised.
- A new line of pets are in and accessible.
- Some junk has been scattered across the Cleft.
- A new raid boss has been added.
- Forde has a new minor quest for people level 30+.
- Brigantes' questlist has been cleaned up.
- it is no longer possible to exceed carrying capacity via money.
- gold and silver have 1/4th the weight.
- autosplit is now permanently on, and splitting text is simplified.
- offensive (kill imp) and defensive (cast barrier imp) actions preferentially target valid enemies and groupmates, respectively.
- 'echomagic' skill added, which Sorcerers get at level 40.
- only innateless Sorcerers get Tractor Beam, which replaces Halo.
- surecasting's level reduced to 30.
- saves vs. Beguile ignores target's level.
- audiences no longer shrink when skills of incorrect mood are used.
- 'karma' skill added (for future use by Surgeons?).
- fixed bug where closed containers couldn't be picked up from the ground.
- healing spells show restored health to 3rd parties.
- players can now idle out of password input, MOTD, & character creation.
- fixed an issue where pets could login without their masters.
- 'affects' has simpler output for "locationless" affects (e.g. regen, risk).
- syntax such as 'sit down' and 'lie down on bed' work.
- fixed an issue where all "flag" ifchecks returned true if flag not found.
- $y now returns mob's full name in quotes (like all other name variables).