The Cleft of Dimensions is constantly being updated, poked, prodded, and tweaked. To keep everyone informed of the various changes, the Immortals semi-regularly post Change Notes in-game. This page will copy those notes as well.
- Pip will refresh his inventory every day even when players are away.
- Flameshe and the pumpkinhead butler will now not accept items (for now)
- Electrical barrier seems to be working correctly.
- Aisu's door is two-way.
- El Nido quest list fixed
- Vehicle loss in quest rooms: There isn't really a good solution that doesn't involve revamping how vehicles work.
- Kiki responds to Elazul when appropriate.
- The certain Gypsy Camp quest has the appropriate story prerequisites now.
- added 'glance' command to show only room name, exits, and contents when 'brief' is on
- re-added 'exits' command -- beware of fake room names (re: mobprog trickery)
- re-added 'resistances' command -- shows a short version when 'brief' mode is on
- fixed a problem involving mobs with vampirism and the haunt affect which probably broke a bunch of other things too
- new exit flag 'nomob'
- cleared various compile warnings
- prototype "who's online" webpage cod.mudmagic.com/who.htm -- for now, only updates when a staff member types 'who2'
Various other changes have went in, but here are the highlights:
- oset is finished off with using flag names (vs their numerical value) in the value(0-4) slots, where needed. (the imm command 'set obj' has been updated to do the same)
- "pet" has been added to the necromancers, to retrieve the corpse of all pets at once(that actually leave a corpse). Eg. necro pet
- Added affected2 if check eg. If affected2 focus
- Added fast affect2 flag (works like the fast vehicle flag)
- Added 'quicken spell' (applies fast)
New mob commands:
mset - See 'help set' for details oset - This isn't actually new but more has been added to it, see 'help set' mforce - Allows players to execute mob commands without the use of an event item. (ie mob mforce $n mob cast fireball) mob face name - Mobs change their name tags
$A - Same as $o, without quotes around name tags $b - Mob's remember target's race $B - Mob's remember target's level These have been added to 'help variable' (Thanks Odwofi!)
Brief mode is (re?)enabled due to volume of requests lately Wildcasting has been changed to a toggle Wildcasting has been added to affects2 Affects2 can be toggled with mob flag
- Created a new extra field for objects: extra3
New extra3 flags:
*exalted - requires at least 1 remort to equip *heroic - requires at least 5 remorts to equip *epic - requires at least 10 remorts to equip *perishable - vanishes on logout, like key type items
- Created a new field for affects: affects2
New affects2 flags:
*focus - double mana regeneration *motivation - slight movement regeneration *theatrical - identical to the theatrics spell *frenzy - identical to the frenzy spell
*nofail armor - enchant armor without failure *nofail weapon - enchant weapon without failure
Some of these have been in for awhile but here are some recent changes.
- Added the Bleed spell (intended for mob use)
- Added the Vengeance Saber spell (applies empower to weapons)
- Added the Sap Saber spell (applies enfeeble to weapons)
- Added the Vorpal Saber spell (The name says it all)
- Added the Sharp Saber spell (You guessed it!)
- Added a Remort check to see incarnations, eg 'if remort $n >=1 - Has $n remorted?')
- Fixed the Grizzly Style so it no longer bleeds out bloodless mobs
- Encore, scan, enchant armor and enchant weapon can no longer be made into a staff via staffify
- Encore can no longer be made into a wand via wandify
- Encore's skill cooldown has been increased
- Various sounds have been added throughout the code to accommodate the newest ptuna release
- fixed a bug with Drain.
- 'Mysterious' flag now also hides weapon damage from Scan/examine/info.
- 'key' type items properly disappear on lag-induced logouts.
- 'mob cast' now accepts 'all' as a target -- weirdly.
- new item flag 'noecho' - suppresses 'soandso uses suchandsuch' etc on usable items (replaces now-unused ITEM_RUNIC).
- Wizen now works correctly from wands if you don't actually have the Wizen skill.
- so do Tranquility and Abomination.
- Death Coil heals more when Charged like it's supposed to.
- helpfiles added for Doom Reverb, Sonic Boom, Vitriol, Firebreath, Gastro Acid, Influenza, Skylight, Rippler, saikyo-ryu.
- new skills:
- Rippler: swap status affects with target, always works on self or groupmates
- Influenza: long-duration status affect that cuts regen and even prevents sleeping
- saikyo-ryu style: expand Taunt repertoire and execute mana-damaging specials