Hylians are a race of people from Hyrule. Not everyone from Hyrule is Hylian, and not every Hylian is Hyrulian, but these categories *mostly* overlap.
Hylians look mostly like somewhat lithe humans, with unusually pointed ears... although to a Hylian, other races look like somewhat stout Hylians, with unusually round ears.
Many Hylians perceive something best described as whispers at the edge of their perception, which they generally attribute to their goddesses, Din, Farore, and Nayru. This may be a sort of divinity beyond that of the Immortals of the Cleft, a misinterpreted attunement to the Mana Goddess, a type of latent psychic power, a shared cultural hallucination, something else entirely, or several of these things all at once!
STR INT WIS DEX CON Starting Stats: 12 13 15 13 12 Maximum Stats: 17 19 21 18 16
Hylians have the Detect Good and Detect Evil effects always on.
Hylians also get access to the Pray skill. This skill has a lag time of 12 beats and a random, but usually beneficial, effect.
- 5/16 of the time, it will heal a random friendly target for 6% of their max HP. This can hurt friendly zombies, however.
- 3/16 of the time, it will heal all friendly targets for 6% of their max HP but will hurt friendly zombies.
- 3/16 of the time, it will restore mana to all friendly targets for 6% of their max MP.
- 2/16 of the time, it will damage a random enemy with either Holy or Negative damage, equivalent to a tier-1 spell.
- 1/16 of the time, it will attempt to blind EVERYONE in the room, resisted as Light.
- 1/16 of the time, it will give a damroll buff to EVERYONE in the room.
- 1/16 of the time, it will attempt to confuse EVERYONE in the room, resisted as Sound.