|Form: female reploid|
|Influence: Storms and Weather|
Arctic governs over the balance of seasons, although some say she longs to cast the world into eternal winter and is merely holding that desire back. She is almost obsessed with maintaining balance, and only intervenes in the affairs of the Cleft when some natural duality is threatened.
Followers: Frigid Maidens
Monuments: The Temple of Arctic
HP: 9000 MP: 9000 MV: 1000
Snow Walk: 10 MP - Can teleport self to any snowy area
Whirlwind: 20 MP - Create a vortex of swirling air that entraps opponents and pummels them with debris
Coldfire Barrage: 30 MP - Bombard the opponent with freezing blue 'flame'
Ice Affinity - Arctic's HP and MP are boosted by 500 when in a snowy area
Secrets of the Immortals: Betrayal of the Night
Jango never saw it coming. It was the year 349, just after the War Amongst the Gods, when he had been so consumed with the construction of his steam and magic powered machine, which he would call Arilothas, that he failed to notice his own wife, Sarai, conspiring with the self-proclaimed god of day, Tenor.
Sarai was supposed to be the balance between Jango and Tenor. The thing that kept the evil of the Lord of Night in check. But her influence on him had grown thin after standing against his plans in the year 325, and being tricked into thinking she was doing so again in the immortal war that had only just ended. He wouldn't listen to her, nor did he include her in whatever new and vile thing he was preparing with the construction of his reploid-based robot. They were as estranged and disparate now as if they had never met, let alone husband and wife.
As such, Sarai went to Tenor, the other side of her balance and the lover she thought secret from her husband. And together, they decided that the best thing for them, the other immortals, and all the mortal creatures of the Middle Realm was to imprison Jango. His power would still exist, and balance would be maintained, but he would not be able to hurt anyone else.
However, they knew that their powers alone would not be enough to contain the Lord of Night. So, before they acted, they approached the immortals who had stood against Jango before. Arctic, the Maestro of Weather, and Ageatii, the Caretaker of Vitality. Both played key roles in stopping Jango's attempt at taking over the Cleft in 325.
Both of these immortals gave a portion of their power to Sarai. And, together with her own power and Tenor's, she turned their gift on Jango. He fought back, violently, but he was no match for the power of four immortals, united in cause. And he would be bound, in a prison made of his own dark powers, in a place between the Upper and Middle Realms. Though this was beyond what the mortals could see, the prison created an anomaly in the skies over the ruins of the Pillars of Nosgoth, creating an eternal night in the area.
The vampires of Nosgoth, having no idea what caused such a thing, created a story of their own about Jango's death, and built a monument to his passing.
Dark Machinations Arc
- Jango Experiments on and dissects Reploids
- Terrorizes and manipulates mortals in attempt to build a following
- Rika gives herself to Jango in exchange for Vice's life.
- The Immortal Arctic, Maestro of Weather, stands up for mortals, battling Jango in the Upper and Middle Realms.
- The Immortal Tenor, the God of Day, sides against Jango, though more for his interest in Sarai than for mortal benefit.
- Coalition forms, mortals banding together who were determined to stop Jango.
- Headed up by Milo.
- Used abandoned Maverick Hunters base as headquarters.
- Never named.
- Jango destroys old Maverick Hunter base.
- The Immortal Sarai, Keeper of Hope, begins helping Coalition as best she can. Works openly, and closely, with Tenor against Jango.
- Meets with Milo.
- Begs Jango to stand down.
- The Immortal Ageatii, the Caretaker of Vitality, offers sanctuary from Jango to mortals.
- Testing mortals to see if there really is a threat.
- Depending on outcome, Ageatii would decide if he was to get involved.
- Knowing that he could not win on his own against the Upper and Middle Realms arrayed against him, Jango cuts his losses, takes Sarai, and abruptly retreats into the Upper Realm.
- There are no further actions taken against mortals.