|Influence: Shadow and Night|
Dark and brooding. Jango has power over the night, and, in times past, spent most of his time formulating various plans to seize control of the three realms. But, of late, he has remained hidden, choosing instead to observe the Cleft, refine himself, and wait until he finds something interesting to get involved with.
At one point he was married to Sarai, the goddess of the moon and aspect of hope. But, years ago, after he discovered her duplicity and treacherous actions against him in favor of the mortals of the Cleft, and Tenor, he took her into the Upper Realm and she has not been seen since.
Jango has been inactive for years following the disappearance of Tenor and Sarai, and it was thought that he was gone too. But, recently, there have been reports of things stirring in the deepest and darkest parts of the Cleft.
Avatars: Ravens, Bats, Murkrows, and other creatures of the night that aren't undead or demonic.
Monuments: A monument stands in the Pillars of Nosgoth ruin to his supposed death.
HP:??? MP:??? MV:???
Shadow Walk: 0 MP - The ability to transport anywhere shadow may fall.
Blink: 0 MP - The ability to teleport fairly short distances.
Blind: 5 MP - Binding shadow across the eyes of given target, effectively blinding them for a given amount of time.
Gravija: 50 MP - Magic spell that forms a Gravity well.
Globe of Darkness: 10 MP - Darkens the immediate area for a given amount of time.
Midnight Nocturne: 50 MP - Puts everyone in general area into a magical sleep for a given amount of time.
Shadow Bind: 10 MP - Solidifies darkness around a target, or specific body parts thereof, effectively binding them in place until magic is lifted.
Shadow Servant 100 MP - A shadow replica, with half of Jango's power.
Nocturnal Dominion: All of Jango's power is doubled after dusk.
Lament of Sol: All of Jango's power is cut by 1/2 after dawn.
Cleft Origin Stories: Dark Wrath
My name is Jango.
Of course, that is not my full name, but one I have taken so that the thick-tongued inhabitants of this accursed realm have something to call me. I once was Jangolothien Li'Durondicannan, an outcast, an exile, a Dark Elf.
Exiled. No, I was more than that.
I was cursed. Never again could I walk in the light of day. Never again would I feel the suns welcome warmth on my skin. The moon was made my mistress, and I a child of the night. And for what?
In return for protecting my people, and saving them from utter destruction, I was cast down. I was made their scapegoat. They blamed me, ME, for the decline of our people's magic. They blamed me for allowing those barbaric humans to attack us. They accused me of using dark magics, and being in league with the Dark One.
They could not explain why their magic was failing when mine had not, nor could they explain how I, an elf, had summoned that demon to ravage the human army that threatened us.
So instead of being hailed a hero, I was cast out.
Humans thought me a vampire and elves saw the taint of the curse on me. Trying to live under such conditions had proved time and again nigh impossible. I killed many a hunter that came seeking to carry my head back as a trophy. I narrowly escaped the assassins blade sent by my own kin countless times. I was forced to steal what food and other supplies I could, me, one born of noble elven blood.
The few years spent living like some beast in the wild finally broke something in me. My people had cursed and despised the one that had saved them. I would have my revenge. I was treated so unjustly, that the whole of the elven nation deserved my wraith. I would bring down on them the worst thing I could conjour. I would rain death down on their heads until they had no other choice but to call on me to save them once again. I would make them recant their accusations and lift the foul curse that kept me away from the beauty of the sun.
With the use of a black crystal I had found in my youth, I summoned Meteor.
Something went horribly wrong that day. A fluke, a chance occurrence that threw my whole plan spinning into chaos.
The sun that I had missed for so long went supernova. The result was cataclysmic. The Meteor crashed into the exploding star, showering the whole of our planet with flaming chunks of Meteor and our once glorious sun. A rift in space-time formed where the sun had once hung, drawing all manner of things from and around our planet into it.
As the planet broke up around me and I started to fall up into nothing, I thought that I had surely destroyed the entire universe.
And I was vindicated by that....
Secrets of the Immortals: Betrayal of the Night
Jango never saw it coming. It was the year 349, just after the War Amongst the Gods, when he had been so consumed with the construction of his steam and magic powered machine, which he would call Arilothas, that he failed to notice his own wife, Sarai, conspiring with the self-proclaimed god of day, Tenor.
Sarai was supposed to be the balance between Jango and Tenor. The thing that kept the evil of the Lord of Night in check. But her influence on him had grown thin after standing against his plans in the year 325, and being tricked into thinking she was doing so again in the immortal war that had only just ended. He wouldn't listen to her, nor did he include her in whatever new and vile thing he was preparing with the construction of his reploid-based robot. They were as estranged and disparate now as if they had never met, let alone husband and wife.
As such, Sarai went to Tenor, the other side of her balance and the lover she thought secret from her husband. And together, they decided that the best thing for them, the other immortals, and all the mortal creatures of the Middle Realm was to imprison Jango. His power would still exist, and balance would be maintained, but he would not be able to hurt anyone else.
However, they knew that their powers alone would not be enough to contain the Lord of Night. So, before they acted, they approached the immortals who had stood against Jango before. Arctic, the Maestro of Weather, and Ageatii, the Caretaker of Vitality. Both played key roles in stopping Jango's attempt at taking over the Cleft in 325.
Both of these immortals gave a portion of their power to Sarai. And, together with her own power and Tenor's, she turned their gift on Jango. He fought back, violently, but he was no match for the power of four immortals, united in cause. And he would be bound, in a prison made of his own dark powers, in a place between the Upper and Middle Realms. Though this was beyond what the mortals could see, the prison created an anomaly in the skies over the ruins of the Pillars of Nosgoth, creating an eternal night in the area.
The vampires of Nosgoth, having no idea what caused such a thing, created a story of their own about Jango's death, and built a monument to his passing.
Dark Machinations Arc
- Experiments on and dissects Reploids
- Terrorizes and manipulates mortals in attempt to build a following
- Rika gives herself to Jango in exchange for Vice's life.
- The Immortal Arctic, Maestro of Weather, stands up for mortals, battling Jango in the Upper and Middle Realms.
- The Immortal Tenor, the God of Day, sides against Jango, though more for his interest in protecting Sarai than for mortal benefit.
- Coalition forms, mortals banding together who were determined to stop Jango.
- Headed up by Milo.
- Used abandoned Maverick Hunters base as headquarters.
- Never named.
- Jango destroys old Maverick Hunter base.
- The Immortal Sarai, Keeper of Hope, begins helping Coalition as best she can. Works openly, and closely, with Tenor against Jango.
- Meets with Milo.
- Begs Jango to stand down.
- The Immortal Ageatii, the Caretaker of Vitality, offers sanctuary from Jango to mortals.
- Testing mortals to see if there really is a threat.
- Depending on outcome, Ageatii would decide if he was to get involved.
- Knowing that he could not win on his own against the Upper and Middle Realms arrayed against him, Jango cuts his losses, takes Sarai, and abruptly retreats into the Upper Realm.
- There are no further actions taken against mortals.
War Amongst the Gods Arc
- Jango returns to the Middle Realm with a short-lived interest in Vampires.
- During his research, he falls prey to Versalia's manipulations, drawing him into her fight with Ageatii by making him believe that she was helping him get revenge against Tenor for his acts with Sarai in the past.
- When the fighting was over, and the truth was revealed, Jango was outraged by the fact that Sarai had gotten involved with Versalia because she thought she was fighting against him.
- Jango and Sarai return to the dark recesses of the Upper Realm. Tenor disappears at this time as well.
- Sarai and Tenor are not heard from again.
- Jango secretly builds Arilothas, based on his research into Reploids, and plants false memories in its mind of vengeance and hating Jango.
- Mortals and Immortals alike don't believe Arilothas' tales, and think it is simply a new form for Jango.
- With the realms attention diverted, the real Jango focuses on his personal affairs in the Upper Realm and grows silent.
- Years pass, and the power of the Immortals that had focused on stopping and containing Jango fade. And he is aware of it.